Innernsee Castle was the residence of the Innernseer Aristocracy in medieval times. The Castle first appeared in historical records in the year 1301.
Innernsee Castle was completely destroyed by a fire in the Farmer´s War of 1626. As a result the Castle had to be completely rebuilt. The new two-storied building was erected by the Fieger of Hirschberg with a tower at its center. The Castle´s most beautiful possessions are the elegant Renaissance-style entrance, the lovely loggia at ground level and the spectacularly inserted arcade on the upper story.
The remains of the former pond that encircled the Castle can still be seen. The tower of the Castle was demolished in the course of the centuries. Current owner of Innernsee Castle is the Sickinger Family.