Search
Search
Close
Vitalwelt

Catholic Parish Church

Wallern an der Trattnach, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

Catholic parish church

Sunday Early Mass: 7:30
Family mass: 9:30

Weekday Masses
November - February: 18:30
March - April: 19:00
May - August: 19:30
September - October: 19:00

Rosary 30 minutes before the beginning of each weekday Mass.

You can find the current weekday Masses and the Rosary on this page as well as in the church in the entrance area on the weekly calendar.

Mentioned in documents in 815. 1981 new building according to plans by DI Franz Zemann, after demolition of the old church. Noteworthy are the windows by Franz Kohler as well as the folk altar, tabernacle and ambo by Peter Demmel. The cross in the chancel is from the 15th century. In the tower niche are 2 tombstones of the Göldinger from Haiding from the 14th century.

Our parish church is dedicated to St. Florian and was rebuilt in 1982. Of the old building stock, the church tower from 1885 has been preserved unchanged. The communicative, bright and meditative church interior invites both to quiet contemplation and to join in the celebration of the divine services. The mission cross from 1895 bears a Gothic Christ, which originates from Tyrol, although the artist is unknown. The tabernacle, altar, ambo and perpetual light were artistically designed by Prof. Peter Dimmel from Linz. The first mention of the church and the place "Adwaldi on the river Dratihaha" is attested already in 815. At the same time the priest Engilger donated his own church at Waldarn to the bishop of the diocese of Passau, to which our area belonged at that time. In 1151 Bishop Konrad of Passau gives the church at Waldarn to the monastery of St. Florian. In 1411 Bishop Konrad of Passau consecrates the enlarged church. Since the Tolerance Patent of 1781, there is also a Protestant community in Wallern. In 1784 St. Florian becomes the patron of our parish church, before that it was dedicated to St. Stephen. In 1885 the church tower, which still exists today, was erected. In 1981/82 our church - apart from the old steeple - was rebuilt and consecrated on 31.10.1982 by Bishop Maximilian Aichern and Provost Wilhelm Neuwirth.

Opening hours parish office:
Wednesday: 9.00-10.00 a.m.
Saturday: 9.00-11.00

  • opened daily

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Free entry
  • voluntary contribution
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for children

Suitable for wheelchairs: Not all of the legally stipulated ÖNORM are complied with. In principle, this object is suitable for wheelchairs and no assistance is necessary.

Contact


Catholic Parish Church
Marktplatz 5
4702 Wallern an der Trattnach

Phone +43 7249 48138
Fax machine +43 7249 48138
E-Mailpfarre.wallern@dioezese-linz.at
Webwww.pfarre-wallern.at
http://www.pfarre-wallern.at

Contact person

Katholische Pfarrkirche
Marktplatz 5
4702 Wallern an der Trattnach

Phone +43 7249 48138
Fax machine +43 7249 48138
E-Mailpfarre.wallern@dioezese-linz.at
Webwww.pfarre-wallern.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA