- All weather
- Suitable for groups
Since time immemorial, the history of Gallspach has been closely connected with the castle. The Gallspach moor (Geil - Geilspach) was already settled in prehistoric times. An old Roman road and the tombstones of the lords of the castle bear witness to the historical past. Since 1912, the typical moated castle has been privately owned by the Zeileis family and can therefore only be visited from the outside.
The noble seat of the Gallspach family was first mentioned in documents in 1120, the present castle was built between the 16th and 18th centuries. The two-storey castle resembles a square courtyard. A round tower and arcades are still preserved from an earlier castle and it is surrounded by a pond-like water ditch and another pond. A bridge leads to the main entrance, a gate with a hatch gate. The rear courtyard housed a former brewery.