On the trays, get set, go!
Everyone has favourite biscuits - some like them chocolatey, others extra nutty, still others like them crunchy or with extra jam.
For all those who like it down-to-earth, regional and yet creative, here is a delicious biscuit recipe.
Mostlandl spelt spice biscuits
- 120 g fine spelt flour
- 120g wholemeal spelt flour
- 120g tempered butter
- 80g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar baking powder
- 1 egg
- Vanilla sugar
- Lemon zest
- 15g gingerbread spice or cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Mulled cider jelly
Quickly prepare a shortcrust pastry from all the ingredients. Cut out biscuits in desired shapes (e.g. apple, pear, flower, etc.) - half of the biscuits with a hole.
Bake at 180°C in a preheated oven with hot air.
When cool, combine two biscuits with jam and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Shape the dough into croissants and decorate as desired after baking.
- The dough is also good for making googly eyes. Form small balls from the dough and make an indentation with the handle of a wooden spoon. Bake and fill with jam or chocolate cream while still warm.
(c) Tobias Schneider-Lenz